No products in the cart.
Kitchen cabinets selection can be very difficult sometimes. We can not decide between the features. More than ever, we need expert opinion in such situations.
In the market, people prefer 3 types of kitchens more often than others recently. Lacquer Kitchen, Acrylic Kitchen and Membrane Kitchen. Users find it difficult to choose between these kitchen models. In this article, we will examine the features of these three with you.
First of all, let’s point out that lacquer, acrylic and membrane are actually not separate types of kitchen cabinets. These are some of the door types in the MDF group. There are actually two types of kitchen cabinets. The first is cabinet doors made of solid wood and the second is MDF kitchen doors. We will compare Lacquer, Acrylic and Membrane that the people often prefer today and use MDF door types. Let’s start!
What are Lacquer Kitchen Cabinets?
Lacquer kitchen cabinets are produced by polishing with a special resin type called lacquer. The shiny and smooth appearance of lacquered kitchen cabinets comes out thanks to this polish. Lacquer kitchen cabinets have a surface that is 100% adaptable with MDF. It is often preferred by users for its vivid colors, modern appearance and different color options.
– Its surface is much brighter than other kitchen cabinets made of MDF.
– Color options are limitless. Consequently, you can choose the color you want.
– It is durable and long-lasting.
– It is resistant to water, moisture, and steam.
– Its surface is very hard and durable.
– It is more expensive than Acrylic and Membrane kitchen cabinets. This is because lacquered kitchen cabinets go through a long handcrafting process and polishing the lacquer resin is an effortful practice.
– If it is exposed to the sun for a long time, it may turn yellow in color. Of course, for this to happen, the cabinet must be in direct contact with the sun.
– It is one of the kitchen cabinets that require regular and careful maintenance.
What are Acrylic Kitchen Cabinets?
The main material of acrylic kitchen cabinets is melamine faced MDF. Moreover, it is produced by laminating acrylic glossy foil on the raw MDF board. They form after pasting the MDF surface with glue and press. They have a glossy surface and come in dozens of different color options. Acrylic kitchen cabinets, which are used due to their glossy surface, being maintenance-free and easy-to-clean, have many different advantages in usage.
– Has a glossy surface and is available in many different colors.
– They are not harmful to health because they don’t contain carcinogenic and toxic substances and are suitable for families with children.
– It is a very resistant cabinet type against UV rays. Unless it has a direct and long-term contact with sunlight, there will be no deterioration in its structure and paint.
– They are resistant to water, moisture, and steam.
– It is a very durable cabinet type. So that it does not deform easily and is very difficult to scratch.
– Is one of the cabinet types that do not require extra maintenance. That means you can clean them with simple materials.
– Has an average price. It is suitable if we compare to lacquer kitchen cabinets, slightly expensive than membrane kitchen cabinets.
– Its surface stains easily. You can notice fingerprints and small smudges immediately.
– It is easy to clean but requires constant cleaning.
– People highly prefer this type of cabinet. For this reason, cabinet stores started to sell glossy surface MDF, chipboards or normal glossy PVC coated products in the market under the name of acrylic cabinets. You should be careful when purchasing acrylic cabinets because it is very difficult to distinguish these products. When purchasing acrylic cabinets, shop from a company you trust.
What are Membrane Cabinets?
Membrane is a plastic-based PVC coating. Membrane PVC consists of a wide variety of alloys. The presence of plastic does not make it harmful. Membrane kitchen doors have an alloy that is riveted by hot press on the surface of the MDF. Due to the nature of the material, membrane cabinet doors can be in different colors and patterns. Matte, glossy and wooden looking membrane cabinets are available. This reveals the diversity of the membrane material.
– It is one of the rare cabinet varieties that World Health Organization (WHO) approves.
– It is more affordable than most other cabinets.
– Many different color and pattern options are available.
– The surface is smooth. Thus, it does not hold fingerprints or stain.
– It is very diverse. For this reason, it is very difficult to distinguish between different membrane cabinets.
– It is one of the most durable and long-lasting cabinets.
– The foil in the membrane cabinets may peel off over time.
– It is not very resistant to water and moisture.
– It is also not very resistant to UV rays and sunlight.
– Because producers use different patterns its construction, using detergents and chemicals while cleaning can deform membrane cabinets.
Above, we tried to give information about lacquer, acrylic and membrane cabinets. We hope it has been useful to you. As we can understand from the article, each cabinet model has different features. Consequently, you should make your choice according to the feature your home needs.
If you are unsure about choosing a kitchen cabinet and looking for a good cabinet, then you are in the right place! Come to our stores or contact us. You can rely on us for quality kitchen cabinets suitable for every home type.
You can check our blog for more information.